Saturday, January 26, 2019

Better Sites for Browsing Animated Films Than Wikipedia

As you've probably observed, Wikipedia has changed the list of animated films so that you can only look at a time period ranging from a year to a decade at a time. To make matters worse they even show the films with the highest grosses before you click on the individual year's pages. Fortunately there are a couple of alternatives. The first is a list on Letter Box D and the second is a list that hasn't been updated since 2009 but has one page per decade up until the 2000's. I've looked for similar lists before but its seems that I find what I'm looking for sometimes when I'm looking for something else.

https://letterboxd.com/jossm/list/every-animated-film-made-from-1888-present/

http://animation-movies-list.blogspot.com/search/label/2000

I've browsed through the whole list and made many new discoveries. The great thing about this list is that there's no shortsighted Wikipedia authorities to get rid of all the pages to films that they deem unimportant. There's a lot of films that may or may not be good, especially from the 2000's onward. I will soon be posting some untranslated films from Europe that I found the most interesting. One of them I found on the Letter Box D list. If the links here don't work, that's OK because I recently added them to the Relevant Animation Links section.

Expect that next post soon. In the meantime, if you want to browse that Letter Box D list then go ahead. At some point soon I'll need to update the list of films for the new titles I've found and also the film availability list because of the dramatically changing web landscape. Keep enjoying animation!

No comments: